View the most common questions and answers about the free websites and our company. Click a question to view the answer.
Q&A ON THE WEBSITES BEING COMPLETELY FREE
We will not display third-party ads on your website. However, we will put a link to Grace Church Websites and the parent company in the footer of your site to encourage other churches to launch a website. There is also a “sponsored message” section on your homepage with details about Grace Church Websites.
Grace Websites are free forever.
There are no costs associated with a Grace website. The website, domain registration, annual domain renewal, the content management system, and hosting are completely free for organizations that have submitted an application and have been approved by Grace Church Websites.
Start the application on the homepage and follow the instructions at each step. Your application will be reviewed within two business days.
1. Start the application on the homepage. You’ll be taken through several steps and will be asked for some required information, such as your name, organization’s name, email address, physical address, and a short 2-sentence summary of your organization. You will also be asked to select a domain name, but you may leave this field blank if you would like to bring an existing domain over to Grace Church Websites. Optional information collected during the application process includes your leaders’ names and bios, text for your organization’s About Us page, and service/meeting times. If you do not enter the optional information during the registration process, you will have an opportunity to do so after your application has been approved.
2. Confirm your email address. When you finish the on-site application, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org asking you to confirm your email address. Please click the link in this email. Check your spam folder if the message does not appear in your inbox.
3. Wait for Grace Church Websites to make a decision about your application. You will receive a notification within 48 hours.
4. Finish your site’s customization. When your application has been approved, you will receive an email asking you to finish customizing your website.
–Click the customization link and you will be asked to answer three questions about your blog, event calendar, and Paypal.
–The email will also include your login information. It’s important to save this email for future reference.
–After you answer the three questions and click “launch website”, you will be logged into your content management system (CMS). Read the instructions on the dashboard to learn how to update your website.
VIEW EXAMPLE WEBSITES
We put together a presentation to highlight the website features using three churches as examples. The presentation also has links to the live websites we are using as examples. View the presentation.
HOW DO ORGANIZATIONS QUALIFY?
We do not take into consideration the location or the income of the church. All churches, ministries, and nonprofits are welcome to apply for a free website.
Churches and other nonprofit organizations that complete all application qualify to receive a free website. All applications are reviewed by the Grace Church Websites staff before they are approved. All required fields on the application must be completed.
Yes, at this time we are offering free websites to chapters of the NAACP, Rainbow PUSH, and the National Action Network. If you belong to another organization and would like it to be considered, please email us at email@example.com.
At this time, your church must register a new domain through Grace Church Websites to use our platform. However, you may redirect your current domain to your new domain.
We do not consider the denomination or the cultural/ethnic background of the church. All churches, ministries, and nonprofits are welcome to apply for a free website.
TECHNICAL QUESTIONS AND HELP
I’m not a developer, don’t have an IT person, and have never updated a website. Will I be able to set up and manage my website?
Absolutely! We created Grace Church Website for everyone. If you don’t have previous experience updating websites, you will find Grace very easy to use if you have the desire to learn. The requirements are the ability to read, write, check your email, and follow basic instructions. It’s also best to update your website from a desktop or laptop computer. It’s possible to make changes from your mobile phone or tablet devices, but it is easier to use a full computer. You will not be dependent on any third parties to make website updates. If you need help, there are clear written instructions on how to update every section of your website. We also answer questions quickly by email and we have a private Facebook group where website owners connect and share ideas.
Think of Grace Church Websites like Facebook. It’s a free service, but Facebook expects you to provide the content (your posts, images, links, etc). Similar to Facebook, Grace Church Websites keeps the back end of your website up and running for you. We perform regular maintenance updates to make sure it’s running properly.
You only need to keep your content up-to-date. What does that mean? Let’s use Facebook as an example. If you want to update your Facebook profile photo, you wouldn’t send an email to Facebook with the image and ask them to do this for you. Instead, you would log into your account and add your profile photo; if you’re not sure how to do this, you would read the help documentation on Facebook.
With Grace Church Websites, it is your responsibility to add your content: events, blog posts, leaders, photo, etc. There are very clear instructions on how to do this. Someone with basic computer skills (meaning, they know how to type, use a mouse, copy/paste, send emails, find files on a computer), will have no problems at all. If you know how to use Facebook and Gmail, you have the skills it takes to update a Grace Website! We provide help through email. The churches and organizations that are most successful designate one person to keep the website content updated, the take the time to read the instructions, and add content slowly and regularly.
If I have some experience with graphic design and HTML/CSS, will I be able to customize my website?
While Grace works well for beginners with limited technical skills, it is not only for beginners. You will definitely be able to enhance your pages if you have intermediate or advanced design and coding skills. This is extremely useful if you want to add custom coding to pages or create custom homepage images.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We respond quickly by email.
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS
The name was inspired by God’s grace, which is a free gift. God has given us the free gift of his love and salvation through Jesus Christ. Read more about our beliefs.
The business unit was started in 2016 by Don Vaccaro and his pastor and friend Reverend Dr. Boise Kimber to help churches, especially urban churches and small churches with limited resources, and has extended to other nonprofits. We are providing free websites to churches because we love the local church. We believe that the local church is the hope of the world.
Grace Church Websites does not display ads on organizations’ websites and does not generate revenue.The business is sponsored by TicketNetwork.
Grace Church Websites is a subsidiary of and is sponsored by a privately-held tech company, TicketNetwork. Grace Church Websites does not generate revenue from the websites.
I ALREADY REGISTERED AND HAVE A FREE WEBSITE
Search for the email from email@example.com with the subject line “Finish customizing your site. Your account has been approved!” You will find your domain name and login URL in this email. If you cannot find this email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log into your account and refer to the user manual on the dashboard of the Content Management System (CMS).
Visit your login URL and then click the “Lost your password” link. A link to reset your password will be sent to the email address you used when you registered for a website at Grace Church Websites. When you click the password reset link, you’ll see a password pre-populated. You do not need to use this password and you may delete it and choose a new password.
- Visit your login URL, which was provided in the domain name with the subject line “Finish customizing your site. Your account has been approved!”. If you cannot find this email, go to your website’s homepage, then add /wp-admin to the end of the URL. For example, if your website’s URL is www.example.com, you would log in at www.example.com/wp-admin
- Enter your username, which is gcwadmin
- Enter your password, which is the password you chose during the registration process.