WEBSITE MANUAL > ADDING FILES > PDF AND WORD DOCS
If you want to upload files such as PDFs and Word documents that are saved to your computer, you may add them to your media library and then link to them in blog posts, event pages, or other pages of your website.
- On the left sidebar, click on “media”
- Click “Add New”
- Click “Select Files”
- Select the files from your computer you would like to upload.
- Click on the file uploaded and an “attachment details” window will open.
- On the right-hand side, in the box next to URL, copy and paste the entire URL. It should start with “http” and end with the file extension name, such as “.pdf” or “.docx”
- When you visit this link, the document should open in a new window.
- To link to this document on your website, create a blog post with information about the document.
- To find files you have uploaded, go to “Media”, then click on “library”. Click the file name, then copy the entire URL.
- Now that you have the URL, you can link to this file by creating a new blog post and then adding the link to the blog. Or, you may link to the file on any other page, such as the About Us page.