If you want to link text within the body of a page of a blog post to a new page, do the following:
- On your Page or Post that you want to add the hyperlink, click the “visual” tab in WordPress. Make sure you are typing in this tab and not the “text” tab.
- Type the anchor text. This is the text the user will click on.
- Copy the URL you are linking to. For example: www.example.com.
- Highlight the anchor text you write in step 2 and then click the paper clip icon.
- Paste the URL into the box.
- If you want to open the link in a new tab, click the setting gear. Otherwise, click the blue “apply” button.
- The anchor text will appear on the screen underlined now. You might want to make the anchor text “bold” by highlighting it and clicking the B icon so that it stands out more.
- Visit your page and ensure that the link is working.
Here’s an example of a hyperlink: Return to the Website Manual.